What is this blog about?


The famous line by Admiral Stockdale in the 1992 presidential debate, "Who am I? Why am I here?" Well, that's a good question! You may know me as LordMike, and I've been participating in online political discussions for a quarter of a century. You may have seen some of my posts, and maybe that's why you decided to stop by and check out this blog. Welcome! I hope it will be a worthwhile experience for all of us!

I've been meaning to host a blog for 20 years, but I haven't gotten around to it. I guess the recent political situation has gotten so bad that I felt I needed to speak out more and in greater detail. It's hard to imagine that 20 years ago, we were looking at a new golden age. The Bush neocon era was failing, and in it's place was a new, diverse coalition led by the charismatic Barack Obama. While I had been an active Democrat since the 1980s (yes, I'm old now), nothing excited me more than this new broad coalition that brought so many groups together. The future seemed so bright for my daughters... Well, we all know what happened to that.

Now, the coalition that brought us such great victory is nearly extinct. Progressives, a term once used as an alternate to the much maligned liberal label, have schismed off and attacked their former allies. Meanwhile, the Republicans have taken advantage of our discord and have fallen off a fascism cliff. Our old victorious coalition is in tatters and actively being attacked on both sides to make us forever irrelevant. It's a dark time. I hope this blog can help keep us alive in exile until one day we might be able to return to the America we once knew and loved.

We are the last of the Obama coalition--the last of the Obamacans. These are our stories. Share them with the world. Give our people the hope we need for a better future! And remember,,,


PS. I am aware that once upon a time, long ago, an Obamacan was a Republican who supported Obama. That's certainly not me. I have been a Democrat all my life. Since most of the original Obamacans disappeared before the election of 2008, and certainly any remaining ones absolutely went extinct by the 2010 midterms, I am reclaiming the name for our people.

PPS. Yes, the theme of the blog is based on Last of the Mohicans. I thought it fit pretty well with what I was gong for here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virginia