Virginia

 


So, I was going to originally introduce my blog to the world with a relatively boring, uncontroversial post about how money is weird (and it really is, but more on that some other time), when I woke to the horrible news that we got F'd over by some good government types whistling past the fascist graveyard. Yeah, Virginia. You all know what happened, so no point in repeating all the details. There are a lot of people writing post mortems about the strategy. This blog will not be one of them. It was absolutely worth doing to save democracy, and while this is a bit of a setback, it is hardly the end. The VA people put a lot on the line with this bold action, and I doubt we will see the end of this. There is a good chance it may end up even working this year, but if not, it will happen before 2028 and the perpetrators in the SCOVA will have been removed by the voters that they tried to disenfranchise. Hopefully, it will not be too late.

I cannot think of a time when an election, duly voted by the people, was simply thrown into the dumpster on a petty technicality. I didn't think that in America, someone who felt like they were upholding voting rights, decided that in order to do so, they should literally throw millions of votes into the garbage bin. Voting is sacred. Votes are sacred. To claim an election never even happened ,when it absolutely did with no irregularities, is positively Orwellian. This kind of result is what you'd expect with a third world tin pot dictatorship, not in the United States of America. We can't let this stand, nor will we let it stand as it is.

What the Supreme Court of Virginia thinks about the election

So, there it is. We are all mad, frustrated, and upset... I'm so mad, I felt I had to write this at 1:00 AM. It is a maddening setback, and it hurts. It won't change the result in November as we will likely win 2 of the 4 seats we should have gained anyways, but still it hurts. It was a clean liberal victory that we have all craved for so long, until it was stolen from us by people who didn't understand the assignment, but should have known better.. It felt good, and just, until all our votes were stolen from us by backstabbing bastards. That is fine. We will wait. Louise Lucas, the creator of the 10-1 map, waited 25 years to get her revenge for being redistricted out of her seat out of spite. Vengeance is patient. It can take a lifetime if necessary. So is justice, and justice will happen, my dear readers, it's just going to be a bit of a longer slog than we hoped. This isn't the first time that the rules were changed at the last minute. Black voters have known this for a long time. They will not forget. Speaking of forgetting....

One last anecdote, and then I will close. When I was a kid, my sports hero was Bernie Kosar, QB for the Cleveland Browns back when they were good. He was gangly and unathletic, but was super smart and could sling the ball like no other (even though it looked ugly). His best trait, though, was amnesia. When a play didn't go the way it should have, he didn't dwell on it, even if it was his own fault. He forgot it and moved forward like it never happened. It kept him sharp, and it kept him a winner.

I'm not saying to forget about today. Far from it. What I'm saying is today happened... that's fine. The job isn't done, yet. We keep going. We have only just begun. 10-1 or bust!

I look forward to reading your comments below. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this blog about?